Training classes are typically 2.5 hours in length, and offer students detailed instructions about a specific topic. Students are encouraged to bring their laptop to class for the best possible learning experience.
Computer Basics using Microsoft Windows
How to make best use the mouse, keyboard shortcuts, and how to create icons are just three of the many topics covered by this session. You will learn how to cut, copy, and paste, and become an expert in the "clicking and dragging" files and folders around on the Windows Desktop. This is the perfect training session for people who are either new to Windows, or simply needs to be reminded about how to get the most out of Microsoft's most popular Operating System. Although the instructor will discuss the different versions of Windows, he will demonstrate all features using a computer equipped with Windows 10. The tuition for this class is $25 and is 2.5 hours in length.
The following is a list of training classes and seminars being offered by Beach PC along with a short description of each one. To view the schedule that lists the dates and times each class or seminar being offered, click on the button above labeled "Click HERE to View Schedule" (opens an Adobe PDF document for viewing and printing).
Researching your Family Tree using your Computer
Jo Campbell is well known throughout the Cape Fear region for her ability to guide students in the fine art of genealogical research. She is currently a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, and has helped many women research their family records to find a qualifying patriot so that they could join a local DAR chapter. This 60-minute seminar will review software for research and family tree organization.
General information about our training classes
- TUITION: Unless otherwise noted, tuition for all training classes is $25 per student.
- CLASS SIZE: Class size is limited to 12 students per session. If you are scheduled for a training class but find you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible. We do not offer refunds on tuition, but we will give you a 100% credit towards a future training class.
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP: We highly suggest that you bring your laptop computer with you when you attend one of our training classes. That way, you can duplicate the movements and actions you witness during the class. If you do not have a laptop computer, then you may still attend the class and take notes on the course material that is provided. If you come with a friend, then let us know and we will seat you together so you share a laptop.
- ARRIVE EARLY: Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin.
- SPECIAL GROUPS: Additional classes may be added for overflow and for special groups. For example, we will be happy to schedule training classes for exclusive attendance by members of your organization, church, or company.
- GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is guaranteed! If you attend one of our training classes and are not satisfied for any reason, we will be happy to give you a full tuition credit that can be applied to a future class.
- OTHER TRAINING: If you have a special need for training, please let us know. We may be able to provide training of the topic you need at no additional cost!